Christian radioI found a rather interesting website. It is sorta like stuff white people like but its for christians. Though I am a rather devout Christian, I just thought I would share some personal commentary on some of these subjects.
- Famous Christian people – My personal favorite has always been Amy Grant. I think she has powerful lyrics (see: the both the entire Unguarded (1985) and Lead Me On (1988) albums and you will hear what I mean.)
- Saving seats in church – This one actually has some sad truth to this. This is really destructive and can make others feel left out or unwelcomed at church. I try not to do this, but always fail.
- rooting for the christian on American Idol – ATTENTION ALL CHRISTIANS: AMERICAN IDOL SUCKS! It makes me wonder if true creativity is dead on all fronts of musicdom.
- not dancing – Growing up in a Southern Baptist church, this one was quite common. Apparently for some people dancing=sex when here is a thought: David danced before the Lord. Now the church I attend has dancers in the worship service – but I am a terrible dancer and I fear my dancing will end up on youtube. Acutally though I have a funny story for this one. I was at a the Amy Grant Lead Me On 20th Anniversary concert one time and, during the song Everywhere I Go, she asked everyone to get up and start dancing. However this was a rather interesting dance that just involved you bending your knees and lifting one foot after another off the ground. She explained that if this were to further progress, it would be “blasphemous” according to her late grandmother. (She was raised in the Church of Christ) It was a very funny moment from an excellent concert.
- Chick-fil-a is not a christian company. They may think that they are and maybe were founded by one. However, when you have to experience working there and all 3 of your bosses do not adequately train you and you mess up=they get pissed, that is not very Christ-like now is it?
- Christian radio – Though hopefully I will be working at a radio station like this one day, I think we need a big change in christian radio. The personalities could be a bit more honest.
- Not forgiving Amy Grant nearly fast enough – Every single time I bring her up with someone who either grew up listening to her (like me) or is a member of any church, there is always 2 categories that they fall in: those who have forgiven her (like me) and listen to her music and those who are still judging her. To the latter I have a word for you STOP JUDGING HER! Her divorce is in the past and God already forgave her when he sent his son to die on the cross for all sins, mine included as well as yours! Also, it is not right to judge such a public figure like that because, well, you honestly don’t know what goes on behind closed doors, such as the fact that her ex-husband had a drug problem and was jealous of her success – as seen in the Age to Age tour video. I am sorry but if I were her, I would leave that guy too.
- anxiously awaiting autotune to infect christian music – The last bastion of music that gave us greats like Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith, and Nicole Nordeman should NEVER consider using autotune.